De Zwarte Hond is a design agency with over 110 employees working from Rotterdam, Groningen, Cologne, and Berlin. With expertise in urbanism, architecture, and spatial strategy, we add value to any assignment and to any urban-regional context, in multidisciplinary teams.
Through a combination of social commitment and design expertise, we make cities more vital. Our projects range from regional plans to precise spatial urban planning and architectural interventions. Both in urban planning and architecture our ambition is far-reaching, and we continuously aim to grow further in the (inter)national market.
Are you ready for the next step?
For our new office in Berlin, we are seeking a motivated and experienced (> 3 years) urbanist, with interest in urbanism, strategic planning, and transformation of the build environment. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on various urban design projects, mobility strategies, inner city transformations, sustainable and multifunctional business parks, only to name a few. One of the projects, for example, you will be working on is the transformation of an inner-city transportation hub.
What will you be doing?
You will work in an interdisciplinary design team of architects, urban designers, and city planners. We are looking for someone who can work independently and has a confident approach. Depending on the scale of the project, you will work partially on a variety of assignments or be responsible for an entire project. You will support or lead projects in all phases of the process and in different scales. The work is very diverse, both in terms of the level of elaboration and the type of assignment.
This is what you bring to the table:
- completed education in urban planning (MSc) at a Technical University/Academy of Architecture
- a minimum of 3 years’ work experience
- strong developed conceptual design skills
- you are flexible, since you will need to be able to switch quickly between different projects for a variety of clients
- you are not a ‘classical’ urbanist, but you can design above all scales
- experience in managing your own projects
- a critical attitude with an own vision on the field of architecture
- strong communication skills (assertive and enterprising)
- excellent command of Archicad/Vectorworks/Rhino/Adobe CC
- you are a strong team player
- you are resident in Berlin
- strong command of German, reasonable command of English, Dutch is a plus
- …and a can-do mentality
We offer you:
- a dynamic and creative work environment in the center of Berlin
- many opportunities to develop yourself and your own professional initiatives
- committed colleagues and a professional and ambitious team
- collaboration with our teams in Groningen, Rotterdam, and Cologne
- a competitive salary
- a fun and diverse company with 15+ nationalities
- opportunity of further trainings in programs, communication skills, presentation skills etc.
- an annual office excursion with all four De Zwarte Hond offices
Do you recognize yourself in these competencies? Then we would like to hear more from you! Send us your motivational letter (max 1 A4), to tell us why you feel you qualify, together with a concise CV and portfolio (all in PDF) to Sabine Rascher (email@example.com). We are looking forward to your application!