De Zwarte Hond is looking for talented, enthusiastic urban design and architectural interns for our design team in Cologne. You will work with us on complex spatial concepts, plans and strategies for the diverse society of the (near) future!
Do you enjoy creating and developing urban planning assignments in line with the regional vision and local context? Are you keen to work on making our future living environment more beautiful? Are you eager to develop innovative homes in wood? Then you could be a good fit for our team.
What an internship at De Zwarte Hond involves:
You will work on projects ranging from the concept to the implementation phase, developing your design and presentation skills.
As a member of one of our design teams led by an experienced urban planner, you will have your own personal mentor to guide you in your development. You will be based at our office in the heart of Cologne, where you can learn and laugh with your enthusiastic colleagues.
An internship at De Zwarte Hond lasts at least four consecutive months, between February and September 2022, and requires a commitment of 40 hours per week.
What we expect from you:
• You enjoy working out a detail and you can translate your ideas for more beautiful places into inspiring drawings and designs
• You are eager to learn, enthusiastic, creative and like to work in a team
• You can convey your ideas well in images and words
• You speak fluent English or German.
• You are familiar with Adobe, Sketchup or Rhino and have a knowledge of ArchiCAD or Vectorworks
• You are enrolled at a college or university
• You have an EU study or exchange visa (for foreign candidates).
Sounds good! How do I sign up?
Send your motivation letter (max. one side of A4), your CV and portfolio (max. 5 MB) to Sabine, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond within a month.
About De Zwarte Hond
De Zwarte Hond is a design agency comprising 130 professionals based in Groningen, Rotterdam and Cologne. With our combined expertise in architecture, urban planning and research, we add value to every assignment and to every urban or regional context. We are fully committed to our designs, but we also take responsibility for their realization: the end result must be just as ambitious and beautiful as the first ideas that come to the table.