De Zwarte Hond is an office of approximately 110 employees working from Rotterdam, Groningen and Cologne. With expertise in urbanism, architecture and spatial strategy, we add value to any assignment and to any urban-regional context, in multidisciplinary teams.
We work on a diverse portfolio of assignments, at all scales. From regional studies and strategies, through area developments, mass studies to designs for outdoor spaces around our buildings. And we do so in a comprehensive way, bringing together many societal challenges such as climate change, energy transition, housing, social cohesion, mobility transition, economic renewal and cultural heritage. For both public and private parties.
With a combination of social commitment and design expertise, we make cities and villages more vital. Both in urban planning and architecture, we can compete with the best Dutch firms, but our ambition is far-reaching and we want to grow further in the (inter)national market.
Are you a talented and driven urban designer who wants to take the next step? Then we are looking for you!
Our future junior urbanist has the following competencies and characteristics:
- completed education in urban planning (MSc) at Technical University/Academy of Architecture
- work experience is a plus but not a must
- contributes conceptual ideas
- able to think through all scales. From regional visions to outdoor space design
- is assertive, initiative and communication skills
- can work independently and as part of a team
- good skills with software such as Vectorworks, Sketchup, Autocad, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
- good command of English and willing to learn Dutch
We offer you:
- a dynamic and creative work environment
- many opportunities to develop your own initiatives and further yourself
- committed colleagues and a professional and ambitious team
- competitive salary and pension plan in accordance with the collective labor agreement
- office in the center of Rotterdam at the Westblaak
- a nice diverse company with 15+ nationalities
- nice office drinks and excursions
Do you recognize yourself in the competences? Then we would like to hear from you! Describe in your letter (max 1 A4) why you qualify and send it with a concise CV and portfolio (all in PDF) to Leonie van der Veen (email@example.com). We are looking forward to your application.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.