De Zwarte Hond is a design agency with more than 100 employees, operating from Rotterdam, Groningen and Cologne. With expertise in architecture, urban design and strategy, our multidisciplinary teams add value to every assignment and to every urban and regional context. We work on a varied portfolio of assignments, at all scales, from single structure to city, from villa to residential area, from community school to campus, from theatre to city centre, from office to landscape for work, and from station to urban region. In addition, our assignments range from research to implementation.
Through a combination of social commitment and design expertise, we make the Netherlands and neighbouring countries better and more beautiful. We design and advise on all scales, from region to interior. In urban development and in architectural terms, we can compete with the best Dutch agencies.
For our office in Rotterdam we are looking for an Urban Planner (32-40 hours).
It is important to us that you meet the following criteria:
- You completed your education in urban design (MSc) at a technical university, academy of architecture or equivalent with a strong affinity with architecture
- You have at least three years of work experience
- You have highly developed design skills and conceptual thinking power
- You can demonstrate a feel for architectural assignments and building types
- You can focus on complex urban tasks: from (inner-city) area development to urban regions, in environments and processes with diverging conditions
- You have relevant knowledge when it comes to contemporary concernss: densities and programme mixes, adaptivity, mobility solutions, energy and climate measures, relationships between buildings and public space
- You have excellent skills in Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Sketchup
- Knowledge of QGIS or other GIS software and Archicad is an advantage
- You are assertive, enterprising and communicative
- You are independent and also a team player
- You live in the Rotterdam area
- You speak Dutch and have a good command of the English language. German is an advantage.
As part of our Urban Development team, you will work as part of a team on assignments throughout the Netherlands and sometimes beyond. You will do this while interacting with clients and relevant stakeholders. Your scope extends from research to complying with urban planning regulations.
(please check this translation, not sure what VO is this context)
What we offer:
- A dynamic and creative work environment
- Committed colleagues and a professional, ambitious team
- A competitive salary with good fringe benefits and a pension scheme
- Many opportunities to pursue your own initiatives and develop yourself further.
Do you recognise yourself in the listed competences? Then we would love to hear from you! Send your motivation letter (max. 1 A4), your portfolio and a short CV (all in PDF) to Leonie van der Veen (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can respond until April 12, 2021.
No agencies please.